Tools & Links
Guitar Building & Maintenance
- Project guitar: probably the best and most extensive site on guitar building, finishing and maintenance. Looks a little bit outdated though.
- My favorite parts webshop in Holland: guitarsupplies.nl
- Rockinger in Germany also has a good collection (and they are very friendly). They sell the cheapest Schaller Floyd Roses.
- Gitarre-bestellen.de for your cheap kits.
- Guitarfetish.com for cheap but good pick-ups. Their hardware is OK. It’s an American company so when ordering in Europe add shipping and custom’s taxes.
- Stewart-MacDonald is probably the best webshop regarding guitar parts and luthier tools. Sadly you pay a lot for shipping and custom’s taxes.
- Sander de Gier, the number one!
- Justin Sandercoe. His site is a must for the beginner (and also intermediate and expert) guitarist
- Ralph Patt Jazz backing tracks
Some of the Tools I use:
For making music:
- Guitar Pro: excellent tool that creates good looking scores/tabs and mid. I use the older 5.0 version. Might soon upgrade to a newer version: www.guitar-pro.com
- Band-in-a-box: haven’t used it a lot yet but will.
- Garage Band: I use it on my Mac Mini, iPhone and iPad. Great tool for just playing around or get the feeling of chord changes.
For analysing music:
- Magic Slow Downer
For playing guitar:
- Amplitube on my iPhone and iPad
- Guitar Rig 2
For graphics I use the following (free-ware) applications:
- Paint.NET for all basic graphics stuff
- yEd Graph Editor for pictures of scales and chords
- Inkscape for all vector based graphics